Why Python 3?

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Wed Dec 5 09:57:13 EST 2007

On 5 Dez., 15:32, Christian Heimes <li... at cheimes.de> wrote:

> Athttp://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.htmlJoel
> explains why rewriting from the scratch is often the worst strategy.

About migration strategies:

"I do not exactly recollect whether it was in Eastland or Jugemanland,
but I remember that in the midst of a dreary forest I spied a terrible
wolf making after me, with all the speed of ravenous winter hunger.

He soon overtook me. There was no possibility of escape. Mechanically
I laid myself down flat in the sledge, and let my horse run for our
safety. What I wished, but hardly hoped or expected, happened
immediately after. The wolf did not mind me in the least, but took a
leap over me, and falling furiously on the horse, began instantly to
tear and devour the hind-part of the poor animal, which ran the faster
for his pain and terror.

Thus unnoticed and safe myself, I lifted my head slyly up, and with
horror I beheld that the wolf had ate his way into the horse's body;
it was not long before he had fairly forced himself into it, when I
took my advantage, and fell upon him with the butt-end of my whip.

This unexpected attack in his rear frightened him so much, that he
leaped forward with all his might: the horse's carcase dropped on the
ground, but in his place the wolf was in the harness, and I on my part
whipping him continually: we both arrived in full career safe at St.
Petersburg, contrary to our respective expectations, and very much to
the astonishment of the spectators."

http://bulfinch.englishatheist.org/baron/Baron.html