smtplib problem, Unable to relay for

Benedict Verheyen benedict.verheyen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 04:14:44 EST 2007

Tim Williams schreef:
<snip>

> Have you asked your Exchange admin if the server is allowed to relay via SMTP?

I'm the system administrator but haven't really checked the config since i
didn't know this type of email sending was considered relaying.

> If your "working mail program" is Outlook then it is using MAPI not
> SMTP to send/receive email.

Yep we're using Outlook

I actually need this to send out an email to all our customers with greetings
for the holidays. Last year they manually sent out batches and i said Python
probably would make it easy to send the emails around.
Should have shut up, hehe :)

So my best bet is to allow relaying for the period of the test and then
disallow it again?

Regards,
Benedict