state of XSLT2/XPath2 or XQuery in CPython

Christof Hoeke cthedot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 09:18:58 EST 2007

hi,
I was wondering if there is any way to use XSLT2 or maybe even XQuery
with "normal" CPython. Using Saxon/XSLT2 with Jython is no problem (I
have not tried Saxon.NET with IronPython but suspect no problem?) but I
could not find any way to use XSLT2 or XPath Features with CPython. All
the usual suspects 4suite or libxslt (via lxml) seem to have no support
yet. Is there any hope I oversaw something?

Would be especially interesting for a WSGI application, so a more or
less complicated hack via CPython->Jython->Saxon and back would probably
not be very useful (if that is possible at all).

thanks!
Chris