JSON

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Dec 7 08:00:40 EST 2007

Joshua Kugler  <jkugler at bigfoot.com> wrote:
>Known issue.  See:
>http://blog.extracheese.org/2007/07/when-json-isnt-json.html
>
>Neither project has fixed it it seems.  Not sure which is actually
>the "correct" way to do it, but it would be nice if they would agree.

I think it's pretty clear (not just from that blog entry, but from
the grammar at http://json.org/) that cjson is incorrectly decoding
"\/". Whether it's sensible for simplejson to be encoding '/' as "\/"
is up for grabs, but it's perfectly correct for it to do so, so one
shouldn't expect it to be "fixed".

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke