High speed web services

Manlio Perillo manlio_perilloNO at SPAMlibero.it
Fri Dec 14 15:41:48 EST 2007

Il Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:07:49 -0800, herbasher ha scritto:

> Hello!
>
> I'm wondering: I'm really not so much into heavy frameworks like Django,
> because I need to build a fast, simple python based webservice.
>
> That is, a request comes in at a certain URL, and I want to utilize
> Python to respond to that request.
>
> Ideally, I want the script to be "cached" so it doesn't have to be re-
> parsed everytime.
>

> Phrasing this into a question:
> How do I built highly available and lighting fast Python webservice?
>
> I'm open to using any kind of server software, and all that under a *nix
> based system.

I'm developing a mod_wsgi module for Nginx (http://www.nginx.net).
Nginx is a very fast asynchronous and multiprocess web server.

The development is still in alpha status:
http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_wsgi/

If your application is not I/O bound mod_wsgi for nginx can be a good
solution, otherwise you should look for mod_wsgi for Apache.

Manlio Perillo