"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Mon Dec 3 08:23:12 EST 2007

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 02:12:17 -0800, MonkeeSage wrote:

> Being fair, the bulk of Liebniz' writings have also been rejected by
> those in related fields. Most modern metaphysicians hold a view closer
> to Boston Personalism or at least post-Kantian Personalism (a la Buber),
> than monadic unity and pre-established harmony, a la Liebniz. It is an
> instance of the genetic fallacy to reject the achievements of a person
> in one field, simply because of their failures in another.

I'm not suggesting that Leibniz was any more of a scientist than Newton
was, nor am I suggesting that Newton's achievements should be *rejected*
(er, except for those pesky Quantum Mechanics and Relativity things...).
I'm just saying that we should understand Newton for what he actually
was, and not based on the 18th Century revisionism.

--
Steven