DB Query Parse Hangup

Merrigan charl.loubser at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:17:32 EST 2007

Hi There,

I have been working on this script, and the part that this issue that
I have occurs in is when iterating through some results from the db,
asking the admin input to delete the entry or not - everything works
fine up until the last entry, then it bombs out. I know why - but I am
not quite sure how to fix it:

The Code:

	select_statement = "SELECT source, destination FROM mail.forwardings
WHERE destination = '%s'" % e_mail

        result = db_cursor.execute(select_statement)
	if result >= 1:
		aliasLine = 0
		number = result - 1
		while aliasLine <= number:
			db_cursor.execute(select_statement)
			answer = db_cursor.fetchall()
			answer_1 = answer[aliasLine]
			aliasLine = aliasLine + 1
			print '%s is still linked to %s.' % (answer_1[0], answer_1[1])
			#to_edit = raw_input("Please provide one of the above mentioned E-
Mail Aliases to edit: ")
			to_do = str.lower(raw_input("Would you like to Delete(D) or
Modify(M) the alias? [D/M] "))
			delete = 'd'
			modify = 'm'
			if to_do == delete:
				del_statement = "DELETE FROM forwardings WHERE source = '%s'" %
answer_1[0]
				db_cursor.execute(del_statement)
				print "Alias '%s', has been successfully deleted." % answer_1[0]
			elif to_do == modify:
				print "WILL BE MODIFIED"

any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you!