help displaying pdf thru client/server

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Wed Dec 19 14:50:10 EST 2007

PaulS wrote:
> Connecting to a Linux server from XP pc using a telnet program, I run a
> report and convert it to a pdf document(using Reportlab) which I need to
> display.  The pdf is on the Linux server. Ideas how to display to the pc
> would be appreciated. thanks, paul

You will need webserver running (Apache?) on Linux server that shows a page that
has a link to the pdf file that you created.

Alternatively you can use SimpleHTTPServer module or Twisted to make a more
stripped down webserver but it is probably easier just to use Apache.

You didn't say if the Linux server was local or not.  If local, you could use
SAMBA to create a SMB share and have the XP PC get to it that way.  There are
other ways, but these should get you started.

-Larry