Eclipse/PyQt/Eric4 question

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:16:18 EST 2007

> In Eclipse, i have the luxury of double-click a .ui file and thus Qt
> Designer opens and then design my forms there, but i cannot fing an
> automatic way to accomplish the thing that eric4 does: e.x.
> automatically compile changed .ui files when i hit F9. And it really a
> loss of time to go to dos-prompt and do this manually.
>
> Has anyone who work on Eclipse/PyDev and PyQt, found a way to do
> this ??

You can create a builder for calling an external program to do that on
builds (right-click project -> properties > Builders).

Another option is configuring an external program run --> menu: run >
external tools > open external tools dialog (and you can bind a
shortcut to rerun the last external tool launched).

Cheers,

Fabio