Best way to protect my new commercial software.

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Wed Dec 12 06:10:39 EST 2007

farsheed <rodmena.com at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. But I ask this question technically, I mean I know nothing is
> uncrackable and popular softwares are not well protected. But my
> software is not that type and I don't want this specific software
> popular.
> It is some kind of in house tool and I want to copy protect it.

Insert some code that tests for something that's special in your
company's environment.

In a networked environment create a simple license server, e.g. one that
uses asymmetric encryption to encrypt incoming data and sends it back to
the client. Your program then send some random data to the server and
decrypts the answer using the server's public key.

Of course that just protects against someone just taking away a copy but
not against reverse engineering.

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>