distutils & OS X universal binaries

Robin Becker robin at NOSPAMreportlab.com
Sat Dec 8 13:23:55 EST 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> OK I need to use something a bit more complex then; I figure this should
>> work
>>
>> #if defined(__BIG_ENDIAN__) || defined(__LITTLE_ENDIAN__)
>> #    ifdef __BIG_ENDIAN__
>> #        ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN
>> #endif
>
> I don't understand. If you assume that either __BIG_ENDIAN__ or
> __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ is defined, anyway - just use that!
>
> If neither is defined, you are still lost, unless you use pyconfig.h,
> in which case, you don't need anything of that.

I prefer to continue using WORDS_BIGENDIAN so fewer changes need to be
made to the code. It just makes resynching with the upstream code
easier. If neither are defined we get to use the definition from
setup.py if it's needed.
--
Robin Becker