ob.lutz at gmail.com ob.lutz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 01:09:41 EST 2007

I've been searching for a way to load an icon from an executable into
something that I can eventually display either through pygame or
pygtk. I've tried the stuff found at
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/d7f61f270cce368/3ff38c1ced504e43?lnk=gst&q=win32+icon#3ff38c1ced504e43
but the tests just output all black (not surprising, as that guy
couldn't get it to work either). I've mucked around with taht code and
the ExtractIcon stuff from pywin32, but still am stuck. I've seen some
reference to a wxpython ways to do it, but I'm trying to not have to
convert over to that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks