Is anyone happy with csv module?

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Fri Dec 14 18:40:32 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 07:04 -0800, massimo s. wrote:

> If by "thoroughly" you mean "it actually describes technically what it
> is and does but not how to really do things", yes, it is thoroughly
> documented.
> The examples section is a joke.

Actually I rarely use the csv module these days, but I find a quick
glance at the examples to be sufficient in most cases.

> It gives good examples for the
> simplest usage cases (good), then it almost immediately digs into
> details like the Unicode stuff, leaving aside the rest. DictWriter and
> DictReader are absent from the examples. And also the Sniffer.

I take full responsibility for the lack of documentation on the Sniffer.
If you are interested in using it, I'd be happy to help you out and
maybe we could get some docs submitted.  It's actually remarkably simple
to use, but I admit looking at the source won't make you think so ;-)

Regards,
Cliff