What is the best way to do dynamic imports ?

marcroy.olsen at gmail.com marcroy.olsen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 09:24:53 EST 2007

Hi list and python gurus :-)

I'm playing with some mod_python and web development. And in me code I
need to do som dynamic imports.
Right now I just do a:

exec 'import '+some_modulename

But it seems to easy, is there a "dark side" to doing it this way?
(memory use,processing ,etc)
And have to I check if the modul is already loaded?

Another thing is how to call my dynamic imported moduls.
Now I use exec (as with my modules), like this:

exec 'newclass = '+classname+'()'
newclass.somefunction()

Again it seems to easy. Is there a better/proper way to do it?

Do anybody now a good howto or tutorial to this?

Many thanks and hope you all have a happy new year :-)

/marc