Best way to protect my new commercial software.

Virgil Dupras hardcoded.software at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 04:05:16 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 9:55 am, farsheed <rodmena.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. But I ask this question technically, I mean I know nothing is
> uncrackable and popular softwares are not well protected. But my
> software is not that type and I don't want this specific software
> popular.
> It is some kind of in house tool and I want to copy protect it. this
> is very complicated tool and not useful for
> many people. indeed this is an animation manging tool I wrote for my
> company. So if you have any idea that what is the best way to do it,
> I'll appreciate that.

Oh, then sorry, I never gave much thought to it. If you're not afraid
of legal troubles, you could have it silently phone home so you can
know how many apps are in use at any moment. Given the scale of your
app, it should be feasible for you to simply contact users who didn't
pay and kindly ask them to pay.

The fact that pyc files are so easily de-compiled makes app protection
pretty hard...