Static linking of python and pyqt

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Dec 19 06:06:06 EST 2007

> I just want the qt libs linked to the interpreter without accessing them by a
> module. I tried the configure option '--with-libs='lib ...''. The make did
> fine but the executable is too small and the qt symbols are not known by it.
> How can I just link qt statically?

Why do you want to do this? If qt isn't actually *used* in Python (as
you don't include the pyqt modules), what effect do you expect from
such linking?

I think it linked just fine - it just didn't include any symbols,
because none were needed. That is the correct, expected behavior.
It all worked fine.

Regards,
Martin