Mix different C source files into a single one

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sat Dec 29 15:42:27 EST 2007

On Dec 30, 5:05 am, Horacius ReX <horacius.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a C program split into different source files. I am trying a
> new compiler and for some reason it only accepts a single source file.

The relevance of this question to this newsgroup is zero, but ...

Smashing all of your source files into one is an "interesting"
reaction to the perceived problem. Consider these alternatives:

1. Abandon any further trialling of this new compiler ... which new
compiler is it? Which compiler are you currently using?

2. Use "make" or something similar to automate the process of
compiling each changed source file followed by a linking step.

3. Write yourself a shell script that compiles each source file and
then links it.

HTH,
John