"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:34:52 EST 2007

> I'm amazed that anyone here answered this obvious troll...

I doubt the original post was a troll, but the statement above clearly
is.

You are entitled to your opinion about the idea of changing the name
of the language, but calling it a troll is just arrogance on display.

Python3000 is expected to break compatibility with the current Python
anyway, and starting with a new name is not a radical idea. Yes, it
would cause some minor problems, but it is not without merit.

People who are familiar with Python are smart enough to remember a new
name (I hope), and people who are not will take it more seriously when
they hear its name for the first time.

Computer geeks often fail to appreciate how they are viewed by the
outside world. They come up with a great language and give it a joke
for a name, not realizing that the joke is ultimately on them.