Any idea how to open Matlab and run M-files by using Python?

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 3 09:19:09 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 10:02 pm, itcecsa <itce... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am implementing a small Python project, what I am going to do is to
> open Matlab and run some M-files, and get some output from Matlab
> command prompt.
>
> I have no idea how to open Matlab from Python!
>
> Any suggestions would be appriciated!

This comes up about once or twice a year, but I don't see the usual
responders/suspects this time.  A *while* back, I worked out how to
run Matlab using the COM interface, and documented at this web page:
http://www.geocities.com/ptmcg/python/using_matlab_from_python.html.
I don't know if Matlab still supports the same interface, but this
should get you started.

-- Paul