Python DLL in Windows Folder

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Dec 26 23:49:22 EST 2007

"Markus Gritsch" <m.gritsch at gmail.com> wrote:

>Instead of being upset about cutting your word (which was not my
>intention, sorry about that), it would be nice if you could make a
>statement concerning the problem I mentioned: Having an object being
>created by one MSVC runtime, msvcr80.dll and passing it to another
>one, msvcr71.dll.

The C runtime doesn't create objects.  Python does use it to allocate
memory, but in the Microsoft run-times, malloc and free call the Win32 heap
APIs, no matter what the version.

It's true that mallocing in one CRT DLL and freeing in another can cause
problems, but in Python, I don't think that can happen.  Proper Python
add-ins call Python APIs to create and destroy objects, so only the Python
runtime will manage the memory.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.