"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

George Sakkis george.sakkis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:02:39 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 12:50 pm, "Russ P." <Russ.Paie... at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know this because I've been through it myself. When I tell people
> that I use Python, I often qualify it by pointing out that it is used
> extensively at Google. In other words, I'm banking on the reputation
> of Google to offset the goofiness of the "Python" name.
>
> Come to think of it, maybe it should be called "Googlang" or "Googon"?

I see, so Python has to somehow offset the "goofiness" of its name
while Google can rest on its reputation. Never occured to you that the
goofiness of the name "Google" is at least an order of magnitude
greater than Python. And FYI, Google didn't start out with the
popularity it enjoys today, it gained it *despite* the silly name.
Thanks God it was created by geeks and not clueless PHBs like those
that dismiss Python for its name.

George