Gnu/Linux dialogue boxes in python

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Dec 17 15:27:10 EST 2007

On 2 Des, 07:02, Donn Ingle <donn.in... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul Boddie wrote:
> > but I'll either upload a new release, or I'll make the code available
> > separately.
>
> Thanks, give me a shout when you do -- if you remember!

I've now uploaded a new release of the desktop module which is now, in
fact, a package:

http://www.python.org/pypi/desktop

>From release 0.3 onwards, the intention is that the desktop.dialog
module (spelled in the American way to show the connection with the
classic dialog command) will support dialogue boxes for many desktop
environments, although only X11 environments are supported so far.
There's also a desktop.windows module (no relation to the operating
system with the dubious trademark) which currently only supports
window introspection in X11 environments, but I imagine that
supporting win32 wouldn't be too difficult for those motivated enough
to look into it.

Paul