How to generate pdf file from an html page??

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Dec 19 10:31:43 EST 2007

On 2007-12-19, abhishek <guptaabhishek1983 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Hi everyone, I am trying to generate a PDF printable format file from
>> > an html page. Is there a way to do this using python. If yes then
>> > which library and functions are required and if no then reasons why it
>> > cant be done.
>>
>> Here's one way:
>>
>> ------------------------------html2pdf.py-----------------------------------------
>> #!/usr/bin/python
>> import os,sys
>>
>> inputFilename,outputFilename = sys.argv[1:3]
>>
>> os.system("w3m -dump %s | a2ps -B --borders=no | ps2pdf - %s" % (inputFilename,outputFilename))
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> hi grant have tried the command it resulted in the following errors
>
> sh: a2ps: not found

You'll need to install a2ps.  It's available as a standard
package for all the distros I've ever used.

> ESP Ghostscript 815.04: **** Could not open the file /home/samba/users/
> Abhishek/newTemplate.pdf .
> **** Unable to open the initial device, quitting.
> 256

Either your ghostscript installation is broken, or you've tried
to use an output path/file that's not writable.  I suspect the
latter.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Is it 1974?  What's
                                  at               for SUPPER?  Can I spend