convert pdf to png

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Dec 27 07:33:09 EST 2007

> Good point.  Not that I am willing to risk it (just using the pdf is not
> such a bad option)  but I am wondering if it would make sense to create
> a ramdrive for something like this.  if memory is needed, swap would
> happen, which should be better than creating files.

You mean permanently deprivating your server of it's precious ram than
only temporarily? And so far, swapping has always been the worst thing
to happen for me - whereas mere disk-IO didn't slow _everything_ down.

You should really check your premises on what is affecting performance,
and what not. And get a faster server...

Diez