Counter-spam: Change the subject

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Dec 12 07:15:10 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 5:17 am, "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:

> As far as I know, that is unusual behavior.  In Outlook Express and, I
> believe, other readers I have used, the original subject is the one
> displayed.  And if I have already downloaded the original title and marked
> the post as read, any reponse is just spam that prolongs the junk.  So
> please do not do this.

It would be better if Google actually blocked the spammers that people
probably complain about all the time (or used to, given that it got
tiresome to report spam with the same apparent origin, with the same
subject, and see nothing get done about it). Alternatively, a killfile
would be a useful addition to Google Groups.

Paul