Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 released

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sat Dec 22 14:13:50 EST 2007

Thought this might interest some...

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/19073/TclTk-8.5-Released

The relevant bits for Python here are the major improvements in Tk,
specifically native themed widgets for full platform integration on
Windows and OS X and improved appearance under X11, additonal widgets
such as a combobox and treeview, a faster, smoother text widget,
anti-aliased font rendering under X11 and an improved font engine under
OS X (ATUSI), and more.

I've been giving 8.5 a test run in my own Tkinter application under OS
X, and the improvements are pretty dramatic, especially with the
addition of themed widgets. It's definitely worth checking out!

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin