Advice for editing xml file using ElementTree and wxPython

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 22:49:21 EST 2007

--- Rick Muller <rpmuller at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to do this, it seems like I need to keep a
> connection
> between the gui element and the original value in
> the elementtree, so
> I can update it. But I'm having a hard time
> visualizing exactly how
> this works. Can someone help me out here a bit?

One thing that might help you to visualize the problem
is to create a tangible model of a tree.  Take an XML
example maybe even smaller than the one that you
posted.  Lay out some index cards on a desk in front
of you in a tree-like pattern.  On each card write
down which part of the XML tree that corresponds to,
then the GUI element that needs to be updated.  I
think that will give you some insight on the data
structure, and then you might still struggle a bit to
express it in Python, but I see this as a way of
dividing up the problem.

Good luck!