Ruby's Template Engine for Python

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon Dec 10 15:58:12 EST 2007

kyosohma at gmail.com a écrit :
> On Dec 8, 3:24 pm, Samuel <newsgro... at debain.org> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 13:06:15 -0800, Steve Howell wrote:
>>
>>>This is what I came up with:
>>
>>>http://pylonshq.com/pastetags/form_remote_tag
>>
>>I see that Pylons uses a standard templating systems with all the JS
>>renderers hooked into it as standard template function calls. That's
>>great, now I just have to find the piece of code that provides those
>>callbacks.
>>
>>Ah, here it is:
>>

>>>http://pylonshq.com/WebHelpers/module-webhelpers.html
>>
>>And there I go, easily adding the same functionality to any template
>>system of my choice. That was easier than I expected.
>>
>>Thanks for your help ;-)!
>>
> I think TurboGears does something similar using the Kid template
> system.

I don't think so. I mean, I don't know what your thinking about, but
Pylons webhelpers module is not tight to a specific template engine.

OTHO, it - well, at least the 'remote' part - relies on a specific js
lib, which is definitiveky not the one I'd choose, and the code it
produces is not something I'd put in production - I definitively don't
want 'onclick' attributes in my html code (yuck), and I'm one of those
crazy guys that insist on having code working without javascript first.

Oh, yes : also and FWIW, Kid has been somewhat superseded by Genshi, and
Turbogears 2.0 is based on Pylons.