eclipse pywintypes.com_error

gurkan gurkanserin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:48:52 EST 2007

On 7 Aralık, 15:40, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> gurkanse... at gmail.com wrote:
> > i want to use active directory of my firm to user authentication.i am
> > using active_directory module
>
> By the way, if what you want to do is user *authentication* (as
> opposed to authorisation) then the active_directory module won't
> be any good to you. You want to use either the SSPI functionality
> or the LogonUser API. There's a toy example of the latter here:
>
> http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/check-a-users-credential...
>
> TJG

i have treid the script :

#import active_directory
import win32com.client

win32com.client.Dispatch ("ADODB.Command")
#me = active_directory.find_user ()

#print me

again i got the error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "H:\dev\eclipse\workspace\pyProject\src\pyPackage
\adDeneme3.py", line 4, in <module>
    win32com.client.Dispatch ("ADODB.Command")
  File "E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 95, in Dispatch
    dispatch, userName =
dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,clsctx)
  File "E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 98, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
    return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName)
  File "E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 78, in _GetGoodDispatch
    IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx,
pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147024770, 'The specified module could not be
found.', None, None)

as i said before the problem is related with pydev-eclipse-pywin
dynamic module loading in vista i think,because CoCreateInstance
function could not be found.

i am not using python module for authentication,i do it with apache.i
am using python for subversion hook scripts written in python for AD
user-email mapping

ps : Thanks Tim for ur nice active_directory module...