python and a 2 gigs Usb Stick (pure pythonic stick)

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Fri Dec 7 10:15:00 EST 2007

> i've received for my birthday two usb key, and i had the idea to make
> the 2GB one a special python usb key.
> So far i've put on it :
> Movable Python
> My Python directory
> Iron Python
> Jython
> Instant django
>
> the file installation for :
> Python , iron python , jython , PIL , Pygame , Pywin32
>
> The pdf in a doc_programmation :
> dive into python , programmting python
>
> What else should i add in this key in your opinion ?

If providing Jython, do you need an install of the JVM/JRE or
other Java dev-tools?

I'd recommend some sort of version control software (Subversion,
Mercurial, Bazaar, and Git stand out as reasonable choices in my
research/experience, with RCS coming in as a fallback; CVS and
the distributed VCS's such as Darcs fall lower on my list but
some folks swear by 'em).

Perhaps also include a movable version of your favorite editor?
Nothing worse than getting stuck using Notepad, edit, or edlin ;)

Given that the above list of contents shouldn't come remotely
close to a quarter of the space on the stick (exceptions possibly
made depending on your editor and JRE requirements), you could
install a USB-stick version of Linux, add  all the above, and
then just boot off the USB stick into a premade environment you
can take with you.

Just a few ideas,

-tkc