Python DLL in Windows Folder

Markus Gritsch m.gritsch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 05:12:04 EST 2007

On 27/12/2007, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > Indeed, pywin32 stops working :(  I installed Python "just for me",
> > then I installed pywin32-210, and now Pythonwin.exe is not able to
> > start.  So for this scenario it seems to be necessary, that the Python
> > DLL is installed into the system32 folder.
> >
> > Maybe the Python installer should issue a warning that pywin32 will
> > not be able to work when using the option "just for me"?
>
> That is not supposed to happen; pywin32 should work. Just COM servers
> written in Python may not.

Ok, my mistake.  I was launching Pythonwin.exe by double clicking on
the executable, which works when Python is installed "for all users"
and does not work when installed "just for me".  When Pythonwin is
launched by clicking on the shortcut in the start menu, which sets the
CWD to the Python installation folder, it works also when Python is
installed "just for me".

Kind regards,
Markus