"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Tóth Csaba tsabi at tsabi.hu
Tue Dec 4 06:08:01 EST 2007

Dennis Lee Bieber írta:
> 	Changing the name of the language, at this stage, means giving up
> over ten years of history and rebuilding name recognition from
> scratch... Along with having to rename Jython, IronPython, CherryPy,
> probably Boa Constructor, the pysqlite DB adapter, numpy, scipy,
> pythonwin, PythonCard, etc.

Why should they rename their project too?
Their is very big chance they wont be compatible with Python3000, just
if they rewrite their program too!

They should rename their project when they feel the name is not so good
for the project. Not because _one_ (even if it is the main) of the
depencency project renames itself. in my humble opinion its nonsense
thinking.

tsabi