python 2.4 and compiler combatability

Michael ODonnell odonnems at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 21:38:24 EST 2007

I am trying to use the scipy module for compiling nested c++ with weave.inline. My question is can I use a more recent microsoft compiler (2005) to do this. I have installed python 2.4.4 and the VC 2003 toolkit. However, the version of the toolkit that I found is for a x64 and my machine is x86. Before I go through all this can someone give me some insight on if this is possible. I have not compiled python itself and I am new at this so I don't really know all the in and outs.

Thank you for you help,
Michael