Tab indentions on different platforms?

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sat Dec 29 10:29:25 EST 2007

* xkenneth (Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:51:04 -0800 (PST))
> I seem to be having problems with running my python code, written on
> a Mac, on Linux and Windows boxes.

You seem to have problems or you do have problems?

> It seems like the problem has to do with tab indention,

Why does it seem and what does seem?

> particularly I've noticed that my code will completely ignore try
> statements.

Statements are never ignored: they error or they don't.

> Has anyone had a similar problem?

It doesn't matter how a particular editor (note, that's not an OS
thing!) displays indents. If you use only tabs or spaces that's just
fine. I'd personally go for spaces because:

1. I don't like things I cannot see (control characters)

2. I never had problems with spaces but plenty with tabs

Thorsten