how to generate html table from "table" data?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Wed Dec 26 15:51:54 EST 2007

petr.jakes.tpc at gmail.com a écrit :
 > Vasudev Ram wrote:
>>Why not try writing your own code for this first?
>>If nothing else, it'll help you learn more, and may also help you
>>understand better, the other options.
>>

> Thanks for your reply even it was not really helpful.

The answers boil down to:
- use the templating engine that comes with your web framework
or
- use whatever templating engine you like
or
- just do it by hand

The remaining work is obviously such a no-brainer that there's no need
for a specific package, and so application specific that there's
probably nothing like a one-size-fits-all answer. IOW : you're not
likely to find more "helpful" answer - and your above comment won't
help. FWIW, I just wrote a function generating an html table from a list
of header and a list of rows. I wrote the most Q&D, straightforward,
braindead way, it's 17 lines long, doesn't even need an import
statement, and took me less than 2 minutes to write - that is, far less
work than reading your post and answering it.