Help please with code to find and move files.

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Dec 31 03:48:48 EST 2007

En Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:09:37 -0200, <inFocus at sl.com> escribió:

> I am sorry if I was not clear in what I was trying to achieve. All I
> wanted was simple way to achieve what windows does when you use search
> for Files or Folders,  and all the files that mach two words like foo
> and bar in the file name to be moved or copied to a specified folder,
> duplicates should not be copied just skipped.

I think John Machim comments addressed most -if not all- your potential
problems. You should be able to modify your script to met your goals; just
do it one step at a time. Omit the actual file copy at first, just print
what you would do. See what happens, fix the iteration if needed, once you
print the right set of files try to actually copy them.

--
Gabriel Genellina