Improvements to the Python core

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Dec 12 16:08:03 EST 2007

In article <87y7bz3hv5.fsf at rudin.co.uk>,
Paul Rudin  <paul.nospam at rudin.co.uk> wrote:
>Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> writes:
>>
>> We are happy and glad for every improvement regarding speed, memory
>> usage or features if and only if: ...
>>
>> ... platform independent / supported on all platforms. Python runs
>> on machines from mobile phones to large main frames.
>
>JOOI - there are things in the standard library that are not supported
>on all platforms. Why would that be a basis for excluding some
>psyco-like package?

As a stand-alone package (even shipping with Python), that's not a
problem; my understanding is that other issues have prevented including
Psyco.  However, Christian was talking specifically about changes to the
CPython core for performance purposes.

"Typing is cheap.  Thinking is expensive."  --Roy Smith