How to generate pdf file from an html page??

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Dec 17 10:42:38 EST 2007

On 2007-12-16, abhishek <guptaabhishek1983 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I am trying to generate a PDF printable format file from
> an html page. Is there a way to do this using python. If yes then
> which library and functions are required and if no then reasons why it
> cant be done.

Here's one way:

#!/usr/bin/python
import os,sys

inputFilename,outputFilename = sys.argv[1:3]

os.system("w3m -dump %s | a2ps -B --borders=no | ps2pdf - %s" % (inputFilename,outputFilename))

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Someone in DAYTON,
                                  at               Ohio is selling USED
                               visi.com            CARPETS to a SERBO-CROATIAN