newbie

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Tue Dec 11 16:15:07 EST 2007

Whizzer a écrit :
> Is OReilly's Learning Python a good place to start learning to program?

I can't tell - I already had some experience as a (professional)
programmer when I met Python, and it was quite a few years ago. But Mark
Lutz's "Programming Python" is one of the very few CS books that I found
to be worth it's price.

> I've been told Python is a good first language.

It's a good language, for sure, and it seems that quite a lot of
non-programmers (I mean, non professional programmers) are happily using
it. So why not giving it a try and see by yourself ?

There's at least a couple things I can tell you: it's easier than C, and
way more usable than Java... And, if that matter (hint: it does), the
community is rather helpful and newbie-tolerant !-)