Is a "real" C-Python possible?

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Thu Dec 13 16:35:24 EST 2007

On 13 Des, 19:16, "Chris Mellon" <arka... at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't feel that it's especially inconsistent, and I like decorators.
> Having to write foo everywhere isn't that nice, but it's only mildly
> worse than C# to me - I find the extra block levels really atrocious.

Personally I find properties atrocious and unsafe. One cannot
distinguish between a function call and binding an attribute in a
statement like:

foo.bar = 2 # Does this call a function or bind an attribute?
            # Is this foo.setBar(2) or setattr(foo,'bar',2)?

Even worse: if we make a typo, the error will not be detected as the
syntax is still valid. Properties and dynamic binding do not mix.