Is a "real" C-Python possible?

Chris M chris.monsanto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 22:29:23 EST 2007

On Dec 9, 10:04 pm, Paul McGuire <pt... at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 6:07 pm, "Jack" <nos... at invalid.com> wrote:
>
> > Plus, Psyco is not the
> > main stream and has stopped development.
>
> <scooby-whruu??>
>
> What makes you think it has stopped development?  I just swung by the
> SF project page, and its most recent news post was just 2 months ago.
>
> Psyco may not be in the standard Python distribution, but it is
> definitely a fixture of the Python landscape, which is about as close
> to main stream as you can get.
>
> -- Paul

Maybe because of this line:

"Psyco is a reasonably complete project. I will not continue to
develop it beyond making sure it works with future versions of Python.
My plans for 2006 are to port the techniques implemented in Psyco to
PyPy. PyPy will allow us to build a more flexible JIT specializer,
easier to experiment with, and without the overhead of having to keep
in sync with the evolutions of the Python language."