Help needed with python unicode cgi-bin script

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Dec 12 19:43:22 EST 2007

> It looks like your suggestions to change charset were incorrect. My example
> works equally well with charset=utf8 as it does with charset=windows-1252.

It rather looks like that you didn't follow the suggestions carefully.
In my very first message, I wrote

# Sending "Content-type: text/html" is not enough. The web browser needs
# to know what the encoding is. So you should send
#

As Duncan Booth explains, this is what you should have done instead - if
you do that, you can also leave the AddDefaultCharset declaration.

Regards,
Martin