Securely distributing python source code as an application?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Dec 11 05:24:04 EST 2007

xkenneth <xkenneth at gmail.com> writes:

> I'll shortly be distributing a number of python applications that
> use proprietary.

That's unfortunate. Hopefully it's not too late to avoid restricting
yourself and your users in this way.

> The software is part of a much larger system and it will need to be
> distributed securely. How can i achieve this?

That depends partly on what "distributed securely" means for you. Can
you elaborate? In particular, what threat model are you seeking
security from?

--
 \          "If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor |
  `\                           people, like I am now."  -- Jack Handey |