How to spider through a secure site?

Gardner Pomper gardner at networknow.org
Thu Dec 20 18:28:56 EST 2007

Hi,

My daughter's school just put up an "Infinite Campus" website, which
requires a login and does everything through https. I can find examples of
how to spider a regular web site with python, but I can't figure out how to
deal with the ssl certificate and how to supply name and password. I have
tried google, but I must not know the right terms.

There is a book, called Spidering Hacks, that seems to imply that perl's LWP
module will allow it, but i don't know enough about perl to determine if
there is a python equivalent.

Thanks for any tips,

- Gardner