parallel processing in standard library

Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper emin.shopper at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 08:52:23 EST 2007

Dear Experts,

Is there any hope of a parallel processing toolkit being incorporated into
the python standard library? I've seen a wide variety of toolkits each with
various features and limitations. Unfortunately, each has its own API. For
coarse-grained parallelism, I suspect I'd be pretty happy with many of the
existing toolkits, but if I'm going to pick one API to learn and program to,
I'd rather pick one that I'm confident is going to be supported for a while.

So is there any hope of adoption of a parallel processing system into the
python standard library? If not, is there any hope of something like the
db-api for coarse grained parallelism (i.e, a common API that different
toolkits can support)?

Thanks,
-Emin