Compiler or stg. to get exe!

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Fri Dec 28 13:23:53 EST 2007

SMALLp a écrit :
> Hy!
> I have question. After short goggling, I haven't found anything good. So
> my question is:
> I wrote a program in python and i Get .py files and some .pyc in working
> folder. Now i want program tu run under windows, so i need to get exe
> files or something.

Strictly speaking, you don't *need* this. Now depending on the target
audience of your app, you may want to provide a "black-box" bundle of
your app and all the dependencies, including the python runtime. AFAICT
(not being a Window user), py2exe might be what you're looking for.

> And what do i need to do to make program for linux. (stg. like .deb
> package)

A debian package (or any other similar stuff) is not a "program", it's
distribution system format. You'll find relevant doc on the related
distribution system. Note that almost each linux distro has it's own
system...

Anyway, since part of your audience may include "power users", don't
forget to also provide either a simpler distrib using either distutils
and/or setuptools (Python Egg):
http://docs.python.org/dist/dist.html
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs