OpenOpt install

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:27:09 EST 2007

dmitrey wrote:
> Use
> python setup.py install

People should be able to run the distutils commands independently.

What are you trying to achieve with this block of code that follows the setup()
call?

    new_name = 'tmp55'
    os.rename('scikits', new_name)
    newPath = []
    for directory in sys.path:
        if not 'scikits' in directory: newPath.append(directory)# something
wrong with list.remove()
    sys.path = newPath
    import scikits
    reload(scikits)
    Path = scikits.__path__[0]
    NewPath = os.path.join(Path, 'openopt')
    rmtree(NewPath, True) # True means ignore errors
    copytree(os.path.join(os.path.curdir, new_name, 'openopt'), NewPath)
    NewPath = Path
    compileall.compile_dir(NewPath)

    os.rename(new_name, 'scikits')

This just looks like a really bad idea.