Running unmodified CGI scripts persistently under mod_wsgi.

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Dec 8 08:26:44 EST 2007

Jeffrey Froman wrote:

> I'd still be interested in a mod_wsgi wrapper for 3rd-party CGI scripts.

I doubt that this is possible, not because of the interface. But
conventional CGI scripts are implemented with the assumption of being
stateless. You would have to completely reinitialize them for each hit.
Without knowledge about the internal CGI script processing this would
mean reinitializing the whole Python run-time environment. So IMHO
there's no real gain. Just my 2 c.

Ciao, Michael.