Global package variable, is it possible?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Tue Aug 7 06:22:11 EDT 2007

Chris Allen a écrit :
> On Aug 6, 12:41 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
> 42.desthuilli... at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
>> Chris Allen a écrit :

(snip)
>> Hi Chris...
>> I've read all the thread, and it seems that your problem is mostly to
>> share a single dynamic state (the config) between several modules. So I
>> do wonder: have you considered the use of the Singleton pattern (or one
>> of it's variants...) ?
>
> Thanks, I don't know anything about python singletons.

It's a design pattern, so it's not realluy language specific. I thought
about this because some of your wordings in various posts in this thread
clearly called for such a pattern, but Ben is right, it won't probably
buy you more than a plain python module (which are one of the possible
implementations of the Singleton pattern).