libgmail failure

james.p.news at gmail.com james.p.news at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:07:27 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I've been using libgmail to send out automated notification emails for
my company's nightly regression testing.  Last night these emails
started failing, though the python code has not changed.  I updated to
the latest libgmail, but that isn't helping.  I've logged in to the
email account directly, and the account is still working fine.

The error I get is "HTTP Error 400: Bad Request" when using
gmailAccount.login().  This doesn't throw an exception, just prints
the error.  The code crashes outright when it tries to send mail.

This code has been up and running for several months and just started
failing last night.  Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

The code and error follow (fairly short :-)

Thanks much,
James

Code:
def send(TO_LIST,SUBJECT,MESSAGE):
    GA = libgmail.GmailAccount("xxxxxx at gmail.com","xxxxxxx")
    try:
        print "Logging in"
        GA.login()
    except libgmail.GmailLoginFailure:
        print "\nLogin failed. (Wrong username/password?)"
    else:
        print "Log in successful.\n"
        for RX in TO_LIST:
            MSG = libgmail.GmailComposedMessage(RX,SUBJECT,MESSAGE)
            if GA.sendMessage(MSG):
                print "Message successfully sent to `%s` ." % RX
            else:
                print "Could not send message."

Output:
Logging in
HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
Log in successful.

No messages found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\projects\physware\testCases\PythonTestScripts
\SendEmail.py", line 58, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\projects\physware\testCases\PythonTestScripts
\SendEmail.py", line 55, in main
    send(TO_LIST,SUB,MSG)
  File "C:\projects\physware\testCases\PythonTestScripts
\SendEmail.py", line 39, in send
    if GA.sendMessage(MSG):
  File "C:\projects\physware\testCases\PythonTestScripts\libgmail.py",
line 588, in sendMessage
    U_ACTION_TOKEN: self._getActionToken(),
  File "C:\projects\physware\testCases\PythonTestScripts\libgmail.py",
line 563, in _getActionToken
    at = self._cookieJar._cookies[ACTION_TOKEN_COOKIE]
KeyError: 'GMAIL_AT'